Main Article Content
Polygamy marriage is a social reality that occurs in our community, which responded with a variety of responses. Dynamics of wedding process is something unique. This paper is a qualitative study of decision making process in women who undergo a polygamous marriage, during the marriage enters the age of 11 years. Decision making is intended to obtain the expected results and avoids conlict. A qualitative design is performed because this approach gives a deeper interpretation of human behavior which quantiied dificulty. Decision making is not a simple process, because there are many considerations inluenced by subjective factors, such as the preference value, as well as environmental factors.
- Anonymous. (2011). Women’s decision making pre and post marriage. International perspectives on sexual and reproductive health. Guttmacher Institute, Proquest Research Library.
- Atwater, Eastwood. (1994). Psychology for living: adjustment, growth and behavior today. NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Baron R.A, dan Byrne, D. (1996). Social psychology. 8th ed. Massachusettes: Allyn & Bacon.
- Davidson, J Kenneth. & Moore, Nelwyn B. (1996). Marrage and family. Change and continuity. Massachusetts: Allyn and Bacon.
- Gordon, Sarah Barringer. (1996). The liberty of self degradation: poligamy, woman suffrage, and consent in nineteenth-century America. The journal of American history, Proquest Research Library.Houghughi, Masud. & Long, Nicholas (ed) (2004). Handbook of parenting. theory and research for practice. London: Sage Publication.
- Harris, Robert. (2012). Introduction to decision making. Diperoleh dari http: //www.virtualsalt.com. diunduh pada tanggal 02 Februari 2013 jam 09.15 wib.
- Hurlock, Elizabeth B. (2001) Introduction to psychology. A life-span approach. New York: Tata Mc Graw Hill. Janis, I.L & Mann, L., (1977) Decision making: A pychological analysis of conlict, choice and commitment. New York: The Free Press.
- Kozielecki, Jozef. (1975) Psychological decision theory. Boston: Kluwer Inc.
- Kurane, Anjali and Jyoti Shetty. (2010) . Women and development: Women in the decision making process in the family. Proquest Research Library.
- Morgan, Clifford T., King, R.A., Shinkman, P.G., Waller, P.F., (2001). Introduction to psychology. USA: Mc Graw Hill, Inc.
- Poerwandari, E. Kristi., (2011) Pendekatan kualitatif untuk penelitian perilaku manusia. F Psi UI Depok: LPSP3.
- Ranyard, Rob., Crozier, WR., & Svenson, Ola. (1997). Decision making: Cognitive models and explanations. London: Routledge.
- Stevenson, MK. (1993). Decision making with long term consequences: Temporal discounting for simple
- and multiple outcomes in the future. Journal of Experimental Psychology, General, 122, 3-22. Yasmin, Hena. (2008). Decision making roles of woman in families. Nurture Journal, December 2008. Proquest Research Library.