Main Article Content
Chronic renal disease and hemodialysis therapy were performed 2-3 times a week, have an impact on the patient’s psychological condition. The patient feels frustrated and give up on their life, so that they feel anxiety and depression, they are often able to accept the reality after the person was on the verge of death. In general, patients undergoing treatment in the hospital just to get medical treatment, while the psychological condition which one the reaction of the physical complaints or other factors that are the result of a perceived physical complaints often go unnoticed. This study aims to determine the psychological condition of patients, especially as related to anxiety and depression, through a measurement tool, which can be used by doctors, nurses, psychologists and other health professionals in the hospital setting. Measuring tool used is the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS), which has been designed for use in the hospital setting and is made up of 14 items. The application of HADS to patients, is expected to know the level of anxiety and depression of the patients, so that health care practitioners can provide appropriate treatment to solved patients’ psychological problems. The results showed that 73.33% subjects had relatively normal levels of anxiety, borderline abnormal 23.33%, and 3.33% normal. While the depressed patients in the normal level as much as 76.67%, 23.33% borderline abnormal and no one categorized in abnormal depressed.
- --------------, (2006). Mari Menjaga Ginjal Kita. http://www.dinkesjatim.go.id/ berita-detail .html_news_id. (19-06-2006)
- Anastasi, A & Urbina, S.(1997). Psychological Testing. (7th Edition). New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.
- Cronbach, L.J. (1984). Essential of Psychological Testing (4th Edition). New York: Harper & Row, Publishers.
- Desmond, D.M. & McLachlan, M. (2005) .The Factor Structute of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale in Older Individuals with Acquired Amputations: a Comparison of Four Models Using Conformatory Factor Analysis. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry; 20: 344-349. Copyright: John Wiley & Sons.
- Downing-Orr, K. (2000). Burn out and Blue: The Essential Guide to Help You Through Depression. London: Thorsons.
- Flint, A.J. & Sandra, L.R. (2002). Factor Structure of Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale in Older Patient with Major Depression. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry; 17: 117-123. Copyright: John Wiley & Sons.
- Hurlock, E.B. (2000). Psikologi Perkembangan: Suatu Pendekatan Sepanjang Rentang Kehidupan. Terjemahan. (edisi kelima). Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Jatiputra, I. (1996). Psikologi Kesehatan. Makalah disampaikan dalam Seminar Mencari Makna Hidup, Jakarta, 14 Desember 1996.
- Kaplan, R. & Saccuzzo, D. (1993). Psychologycal Testing-Principles, Aplication, and Issues. Paciic Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole. Publishing Company.
- Lumenta, N . A. (2003). Konsultasi: Bisakah Cuci Darah Dihindari. http://www.sinarharapan.co.id./iptek/ kesehatan/2003/0704/ kes2.html. (19-06-2006)
- Mc. Dowel, I. & Newell, C. (1996). Measuring Health: A Guide to Rating Scales and Questionnaire (2nd ed). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Mykletun, A., Stordal, E & Dahl, A.A. (2001). Hospital Anxiety and Depression (HAD) Scale: Factor Structure, Item Analysis and Internal Consistency in a Large Population. British Journal of Psychiatry; 179: 540-544.
- Nunnaly, J.C. & Bernstein, I.H. (1994). Psychometric Theory. (3rd ed). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Peterson, J.C., Adler, S., Burkart, J.M., et al. (1995). Blood Pressure Control, Proteinuria, and the
- Progression of Renal Disease: The Modiication of Diet in Renal Disease Study. Annals of Internal Medicine;123(10):754-762
- Roesli, R.M.A (2006). Gagal Ginjal. http://totalwellness.blogsome.com/2006/ 04/27/ gagal-ginjal. (19-06- 2006)
- Snaith, R.P. (2003). The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Health and Quality Life Outcomes; 1:29. Licensee Biomed Central Ltd.
- Soehardjono. (2006). Proteinuria Pada Penyakit Ginjal Kronik: Mekanisme dan Pengelolaannya. Jakarta: Divisi Ginjal Hipertensi. Departemen Penyakit Dalam FKUI/RS Dr. Ciptomangunkusumo.
- Taylor, S. E. (1999). Health Psychology. (4th ed). Boston: McGraw-Hill.
- Wolman, B & Stricker. (1994). Anxiety and Related Disorders: A Handbook. New York: John Wiley & Sons.